The Heat Exchanger is a gadget worked for productive exchanging of warmth vitality starting with one liquid then onto the next over a strong surface. In a warmth exchanger outline both the convection and conduction rule of warmth exchange is utilized. There is no radiative exchange of warmth vitality between the exchanger and the earth unless the exchanger is uninsulated or its outer surfaces are extremely hot. The warmth exchanger has wide use in designing procedures. The most well-known case of a warmth exchanger is the radiator in an auto. Here the hot liquid in the radiator is cooled by the wind stream over the radiator surface.
Some different case of warmth exchanger are preheaters, intercoolers, boilers, condensers, and so forth that are utilized as a part of the force plants. They are likewise utilized as a part of refrigeration, ventilating, compound preparing and power creation.
Diverse sorts of Heat Exchangers:
There are diverse sorts of warmth exchangers. They can be characterized by development into the accompanying sorts i.e. shell and tube heat exchanger and plate and edge heat exchanger.
- Shell and tube heat exchanger: This is a run of the mill heat exchanger. The shell and tube heat exchanger is comprising of a progression of finned tubes through which one of the liquids runs and the other liquid which is to be warmed or cooled keeps running over the finned tubes.
- Plate and casing heat exchanger: In a plate and casing heat exchanger, the liquids are isolated by plates with a substantial surface territory. Here the stream is coordinated through the confounds.
The warmth exchangers arranged by utilizations are recuperative sort, regenerative sort and evaporative sort.
- Recuperative sort: In recuperative sort heat exchanger the warmth from the liquids on either side of a separating divider is traded.
- Regenerative sort: In regenerative sort heat exchanger the hot and icy liquids are permitted to involve the same space containing a grid of material that works then again as a sink or hotspot for warmth stream.
- Evaporative sort: In evaporative sort heat exchanger the liquid is evaporatively cooled in the same space as coolant, for example, a cooling tower.
- The recuperative sort of warmth exchanger again can be planned by of the accompanying sorts i.e. Parallel-stream, Counter-stream and Cross-stream.
- Parallel-stream heat exchanger: In this sort of warmth exchanger both the liquids trades heat by streaming in the same bearing through individual channels.
- Counter-stream heat exchanger: In this sort of warmth exchanger the liquids trades heat by streaming the other way through individual channels.